MedAdventures is looking for a skilled and compassionate Ultrasound Technologist to join one of our partners in Southcentral, Wisconsin!
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer position serves as a medical imaging professional who provides clinically relevant information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. This role provides diagnostic medical sonography services in various clinical specialties.
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Ensure that the sonography examination order is complete, contains relevant information, and meets the standard of medical necessity.
- Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient preparation, and the patient's inability or unwillingness to tolerate the examination and associated procedures.
- Prepare exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infectious disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Select transducer and makes equipment adjustments according to nature of test, depth of field, and other specifications of test.
- Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer.
- Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered by the provider in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
- Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images to facilitate optimum diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
- Identify and document any limitations to the sonography examination, and any incidental findings that might impact patient safety or patient care and provide that information to the interpreting physician.
- Ensure that the sonography examination results meet the facility standards for Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation.
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, to prepare preliminary reports, and communicates finding to the appropriate physician according to established procedures.
- Exercise responsibility to ensure that the ultrasound equipment is functioning accurately.
- Determine the qualifications who use equipment and administer procedures under the direction of the Radiologist.
- Exercise responsibility for the maintenance and accuracy of facility reports, database records and logs.
- Carry out Quality Assurance protocols and Quality Improvement measures within the facility.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Transport equipment to do portable exams within the building.
- Assist Radiologists and other physicians in the performance of biopsies, and Interventional procedures.
- Assist surgeons with ultrasound equipment in the operating room in a sterile environment.
- Maintain compliance with continuing medical education requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
- Two-year degree in Ultrasound Technology required. Four-year degree preferred.
- ARDMS required.
- Registry in ABD and OB required within first year of employment.
- Registry in breast highly preferred.
- BLS certification required, or ability to obtain within first three months of hire.
- 1+ years related work experience in general, OB, breast, and vascular sonography and interventional procedures strongly preferred.
Compensation and Schedule:
Full time, days, 72 hrs/pay period, 3 12-hr shifts, Fri-Sun 7am-7pm, 62-86k/yr
Ultrasound Technologist, Ultrasound Tech, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, sonographer, imaging, medical imaging, ob/ab, Wisconson, full time, permanent, direct hire, 12-hr shifts, weekends, ARDMS, diagnostic imaging