MedAdventures is looking for a skilled and compassionate RN ICU to join one of our partners in Central, Missouri!
- Provides care to acutely and critically ill patients in a highly technical and ongoing monitoring environment. These patients are facing life-threatening problems with varying needs, which require extensive medication protocols and therapies.
- Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques, and essential daily tasks to prepare for next transition of care.
- Demonstrates competency in evaluating intensive care patients, administering care, recognizing complications and coordinating with other members of the critical care team.
- Develops, implements, and revises individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Evaluates patient's response to complex critical treatment modalities and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay. Demonstrates expertise and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs. Demonstrates ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships in patient/family-centered environment.
- Strives for excellence in patient care; keeps patients safe from adverse events. Seeks learning and teaching opportunities in an effort to further develop and perfect skills and improve overall quality of care. Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and lifelong learning.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Nursing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) License/Certification
- Cert/License in Area of Expertise
Compensation and Schedule:
Full time; 36 hrs/wk; nights; 7pm-7:30am; weekend rotation as required by department; benefits begin first day of employment, ICU pay eligible; relocation assistance eligible
32 bed multi-disciplinary adult ICU
ICU, RN, registered nurse, nursing, nurse, intensive care unit, critical care, intensive care, coronary nurse, full time, permanent, direct hire, benefits, hospital, Missouri, nights