· Demonstrates both autonomy and proficiency in performance of comprehensive health assessments.
· Collaborates with member’s primary care physician to create a care plan focused on prevention, early detection and timely intervention.
· Observes the scope of practice in the state in which he or she is licensed and working in.
· Communicates with physicians and family members during transitions of care.
· Effectively communicates with all members of the care team and facilitates a medically appropriate and effective plan of care to avoid unnecessary duplication of testing, and fragmentation of care.
· Participates in case rounds to review skilled and hospitalized members.
· Experience in skilled nursing or long-term care settings required
· Will consider newer grads if you have a strong RN background in SNF or LTC
· Case management experience preferred
· Knowledge of current standard medical practices and experience with Medicare/Medicaid.
· Detailed knowledge of I-SNP MOC and I-SNP population.
LICENSURE, CREDENTIALING AND CERTIFICATION:
· Currently licensed as an Acute, Adult/Gerontological or Family Nurse Practitioner in the state of practice.
· Holds or is eligible for DEA licensure and CDS licensure (if required in the state of practice)
· Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
· Current unrestricted RN license for the state in which the Nurse Care Coordinator is practicing.